Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Something to chew on...


In Deutoroneomy chapters 4-8 Moses prepares everyone to enter into the promised land by reminding them of God’s will for their lives. He is talking about idols, people, and the things that are not of God that will lead to distraction in their walk with HIM… How many times as Christians do we allow movies, music and the things that are distracting from God in our lives, and into our Christian homes? I know that I’ve allowed music to be played in the car with my children that was not fitting for them. I’ve allowed movies and other things “of this world” to come into my home  and distract me from God’s plan for mine and my families lives… In hindsight with grown children that no longer live at home, I would go back and do these things differently, much differently. My advice to parents of children in the home…explain to them why these shouldn’t be allowed and how they can distract us from God’s plan and purpose for their lives. When we invest in our children, spouses, friends and family, we not only invest in their future but the kingdom’s future as well – BE BOLD for the Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment